Moretonhampstead is a market town located on the east edge of Dartmoor, Devon. It has a population of roughly 1,500, a number of cafes, a butcher, baker, newsagent, greengrocers, supermarket and four pubs.
I live at Steward Community Woodland, a low impact living project just a mile outside Moretonhampstead to the South.
Lots more local information can be found at moretonhampstead.com
- visitmoretonhampstead.co.uk - general information for visitors and residents
- greenhillarts.co.uk - Green Hill Arts gallery, studios and offices
- moretonhampstead.org.uk - Moretonhampstead History Society. Archives, local history and more
- moretonhampstead-devon.co.uk - King George V Sports Centre
- moretonhampsteadtrust.org.uk - Moretonhampstead Development Trust
- Moretonhampstead Wikipedia entry
Where is Moretonhampstead
Moretonhampstead is located within the east of Dartmoor National Park, Devon. It is on the junction between the A382 and the B3212.
Getting to Moretonhampstead
By road you can take the A382 from the A30 or the A38 and follow signs. There are busses from Exeter (the 359 all year round and also the 82 in summer), Okehampton and Newton Abbot (178)